Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A New Project


            It’s been two weeks since my last “reading” session with Mr. H.  I hadn’t gone back because I didn’t know what to say. I know it was low, I mean the guy had just bared his soul to me, but I didn’t know how to handle it.  Christa said he was doing fine, though.  At least that’s what she told me.
            I thought about what Mr. H. had said a few weeks ago, about writing what you love.  So I decided to try it.  I started writing a story about a kid who finds a portal to another dimension where he gets superpowers.
            It’s a lot cooler than it sounds.
            Yesterday I got my grade for my “involunteer” project: an A+.
            Riding home on my bike I made a decision and took a detour to Shady Pines. 
            Christa was excited to see me there again, and it was about time I came back.  “Now get in there already!” she said, shoving me into the room.
            Mr. H. looked exactly the same, staring out the window like usual.  I cleared my throat and said, “Hi, Mr. H.”  He didn’t look at me.  I hoped he wasn’t angry at me.  “I’m sorry I haven’t been here to read you books you don’t like or read before.”
            I saw him smirk slightly.
            I unzipped my backpack and pulled out my notebook.   “I wanted to let you know that I started writing a story, an actual one.  One that I’d want to read,” I said.  “Thanks for telling me to do it.  And thanks for getting me an A.”  I pulled my backpack on and turned to leave.
            BEEP!



            I turned back around and met his gaze.  “It’s called ‘The Portal of Panzeon,’” I said.  He smirked.  I knew he could tell I was excited just from the title.  He looked from me to my chair, still where I left it last.  I immediately sat down and opened my notebook.
            “Chapter One: The Broken Code.”
            I read the few chapters I had without stopping.  It was nice having no time constraint.  When I finished, I said, “It’s going to get better, I mean, once Evan actually meets the empress, but that’s what I’ve got so far.”
            BEEP!


            I grinned.  I put my notebook away when my phone beeped again.


The End.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great captivating story. It was short, succinct, and sweet. It was nicely done and written well. It is cool to see how a relationship can evolve; and, it shows how given time, we can learn a lot about ourselves and others. Great job!

    ReplyDelete