Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Session Eight


             So the website was broken and deleted my posts. This one was written on March 24th:

            Spring break is this week and I’m looking forward to no homework.  I would say I’m looking forward to doing nothing, but Adam and my mom have other ideas.  Adam always plans these ridiculous schemes for us like hitchhiking to Disney World, while my mom wants me to research colleges.  I just want to relax and not think about anything.
            When I went to Shady Pines today, Christa was grinning.  “Read your latest post!” she said.  Maybe I should change the URL so she can’t find it anymore.  “I like it.  He’s really good at storytelling, isn’t he, Mr. Henricksen?”  My face got hot and I stared at my sneakers.
            Christa left and I barely sat down before BEEP!



            “Christa?” I asked.  He nodded. “Yeah, right. It’s just for school.  No one’s even supposed to read it.”
            BEEP!


            That’s a good question.
            I didn’t have an answer.  And even thinking about it now I have no clue why I’m still writing this.  I guess I kind of like it.
            So I told Mr. H. that.  He nodded and looked out of the window.
            I don’t know what made me do it, but for whatever reason I asked him this: “Are you a writer, Mr. H?”
            It was the first question I ever asked about him.  I didn’t realize until that moment that he knew all this stuff about me and I knew nothing about him.  He looked at me and smirked.
            BEEP!


            He used my actual name.  Weird.
            I asked him what kind of stuff he liked to write about.
            BEEP!


            That was only slightly vague.  He saw the blank stare I had and grinned.  I smiled too.  “Got any tips for me?” I asked.
            He thought for a second before typing.


            I nodded.  Seemed logical, though I wasn’t totally convinced.  Just because I love something and want to read about it doesn’t mean anyone else would think it’s good.
            Mr. H. read my thoughts and sent another text.


            I think that’s the best advice I think I’ve ever gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment